Don’t Let Fire Damage Overtake Your Medford Property
The expert fire restores from SERVPRO boast IICRC certifications to ensure Medford homes appear "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Handles Fire Damage with Precision in Medford
Fire incidents are unique to each property due to the materials burned, accelerants, and many other factors. When it comes to commercial fire mitigation or housefire cleanup, having a trained team to handle it is better than DIY could ever achieve. Here at SERVPRO, we have IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) to ensure your project goes smoothly from start to finish. Whether you have a small retail store fire or the second story of your residence experiences significant fire damage, we can help 24 hours a day. We always make it “Like it never even happened.”
Why call SERVPRO for fire damage in Medford? We have all the equipment and staffing to scale our capabilities to meet the needs of single-family homes to extensive commercial facilities. You can look to us to adjust our restoration methods accordingly to ensure the best results to achieve our goals quickly, saving you time and mone
What does IICRC-certified mean?
SERVPRO often talks about certifications because we are proud of all our professional, knowledgeable, and educated restoration technicians. We sometimes get asked what IICRC certification is and what it means to us.
- IICRC is an acronym for Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification
- The mission of the IICRC is to ‘promote an international standard of care that establishes and maintains the health, safety, and welfare of the built environment.’ (ref. IICRC.org)
- Each technician undergoes IICRC course training to stay abreast of the latest technologies and methodologies of cleaning.
- Technicians must take part in the full course, take the written exam, and document skills in specific categories to receive certification.
This means to SERVPRO that we have the cream of the crop in terms of technicians to handle fire, water, mold, and unique restoration/reconstruction projects.
How our Fire Damage Restoration Process Works
Once the first responders finish putting out the fire and we get the green light to enter your property, we begin the inspection and assessment. Your property likely suffered from charring, smoke, and water damage from water and chemicals used to fight the fire. The steps we take for typical fire calls include:
- Emergency contact with our customer care team to gather information about the fire. This allows us to round up the correct number of personnel and the equipment we will need to handle the restoration.
- The assessment and inspection include looking at the extent of the damage, including charring, soot, and smoke.
- Board-up and roof tarping get done to protect your interior while restoration occurs.
- If there is standing water or moisture present, we begin extractions and drying with the help of air movers and dehumidification equipment.
- Walls, ceilings, and other surfaces undergo soot and smoke residue removal with specialized equipment and techniques.
- All restorable items get cleaned; we sanitize all surfaces throughout your structure and deodorization to eliminate contaminants and foul odors.
- The final step is restoration and reconstruction performed by trusted area contractors and vendors to replace drywall, install new carpet, and handle all other necessary repairs to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Did you know? SERVPRO works with your insurance because we understand how difficult it is to deal with emotions and process everything after a fire event. We can help with your documentation and manage paperwork to ensure your process goes as smoothly as possible.
You can reach SERVPRO of Medford/Everett by calling (781) 395-4444 or requesting help online. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster – available 24 hours a day for all emergency fire damage and water restorations.
Water Removal and Drying to Mitigate Damage in Medford
Our IICRC-trained SERVPRO technicians provide excellent water damage mitigation for our Medford neighbors.
SERVPRO Water Damage Assistance Gets Medford Residents' Results
Water damage events are distressing, whether your dishwasher leaked, water went under the cabinetry, or you have a flood in your basement or first floor. This frustration multiplies if you have a hidden water leak decaying materials over time. The good news is that hiring skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) can get you the safe, efficient results you need to bring your property back to a pre-water emergency condition. SERVPRO knows that water damage impacts more than surfaces and contents. We know how to get in, target all moisture-laden areas, and stop mold, mildew growth, and secondary damage in their tracks. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
When hiring someone to help with water damage in Medford, you need 24-hour availability. SERVPRO is here 24 hours a day, seven days a week – including weekends and holidays! We have teams standing by to deploy as needed to assist home and business owners with water removal services, damage repair, and thorough disinfection.
- Our Green Fleet comes stocked with extractors, pumps, structural drying equipment, and EPA-registered cleaning agents.
- We work to restore versus replace to help save you time and money on your overall restoration project.
- All your paperwork is carefully filled out about your water recovery project, so you have the correct documentation for your insurance claim.
- Each of our projects gets the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval before signing off.
We have the Equipment and Tools for Water Restorations
Our team utilizes a range of professional water mitigation and restoration tools. We strategically place all our equipment in water-affected areas to help maximize drying while all standing water gets removed. Some of the techniques and tools that we may use during your residential or commercial project include:
- Water extraction and pumping tools to pull up pooled water
- Open windows (weather permitting) to increase natural air circulation
- Industrial fans and air moving devices
- Refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers
What if it Looks Like I have Old Water Damage?
Older water damage presents differently than newer ones. There are some instances where damage may look older. But is it just a surface indicator that something deeper and more devastating could happen beneath your building materials? Signs to look for that tell you if you are dealing with older or newer damage include:
- Decay developing around the damaged area indicates that the issue has been there for quite some time.
- There may be visible rings around spots and stains on walls or ceilings. The damage is usually new if you see a spot without any rings. If there are several rings in different shades, it is an indication that the area has been soaked and re-soaked many times.
Response Times Matter – We are Available 24/7
When you make initial contact with our customer care center, you will initiate the mobilization of a team of our IICRC-certified technicians at your door in four hours or less. We understand water damage events are stressful, so our caring staff guides you through the process, asking questions so that we can fill our Green Fleet with all the right equipment for the job. Some of the questions we ask to help facilitate the formation of your water restoration project include:
- Name, contact information, and the address of your home or business requiring water restoration
- If applicable, the name of your insurance provider
- Details on the damage or flooding when it occurred
- Information telling us what brought on the water intrusion event
- Whether or not you have working electricity
Let SERVPRO of Medford/Everett handle all your water restoration needs! Call us at (781) 395-4444 or request help online. We will make it “Like it never even happened.”
Professional Mold Damage Restoration Is Best in Medford
Medford homeowners trust SERVPRO's IICRC-certified crews for mold remediation. "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO for Medford Mold Remediation and Cleanup Assistance
Mold is often something that will not be on your mind until you see it or start to smell musty odors. Whether you have a black mold issue within your home or commercial property, it can be unsettling and leave you wondering how to address it. While it might be tempting to grab some cleaner and a rag to wipe it away, DIY methods are never recommended. Instead, hiring professional mold remediation technicians will ensure everything gets done safely and effectively. This is where our SERVPRO team can get the job done right the first time.
Many people confuse mold removal and mold damage remediation in Medford. It is essential to realize that mold removal is not possible, so any company or product claiming to remove mold is a false statement.
Facts to Know about Mold and Mildew
There are many common misconceptions about mold, what it is, and how it develops. We not only come to your Medford property to help remediate the mold issue, but we are also happy to educate our customers on it:
- Mold is a living microbe everywhere around us, including our interiors, the outdoors, the air we breathe, etc.
- Mildew is a fungal variety that leaves behind a powdery residue.
- To thrive and colonize, mold needs a host material, organic food, and moisture.
- Mold can create stains in various colors, including yellow, black, pink, purple, or green.
- Not only does mold develop on surfaces, but sometimes within paints, dust, under wallpaper and carpeting, and within your upholstery, fabrics, and insulation.
What can I do until SERVPRO arrives to help with my mold remediation problem?
It is important to know that mold can develop quickly, sometimes less than 48 hours after a water damage incident or increasing moisture. You must keep the following in mind:
- All pets and people within your property must stay out of areas suspected to have mold growth.
- Shut off any fans and turn off your HVAC system to keep spores from traveling throughout your home or business.
- Never try to touch or disturb the mold, including blowing air across surfaces with possible mold or spraying cleaning on or near it.
Why SERVPRO for Handling Mold Remediation?
Mold development can be pesky, and it calls for specialized techniques and careful methods to clean it properly. Our technicians always wear personal protective equipment like coveralls, boots, gloves, goggles, and respirators for safety. Our processes are the best way for you to have peace of mind that everything will get restored to pre-mold condition “Like it never even happened.”
- Our team puts containment measures into place to halt the spread of microscopic mold spores.
- Specialized containment may include negative air chambers that help isolate the area in question using barriers and negative air pressure.
- Advanced equipment helps to capture spores from the air with filtration. These air scrubbers with onboard HEPA filters and vacuums get used in tandem to keep spores from spreading as the crew works.
Contents cleaning and disinfection are critical with mold remediation and restorations
The processes our IICRC-certified technicians use depend on the level of mold growth and surfaces where it is present. We treat substates with antimicrobials and antifungals to keep new colonies from sprouting up. We also carefully address furnishings, clothing, toys, and other belongings on a case-by-case basis to determine salvageability and the best course to take for thorough cleaning. According to local guidelines, anything we cannot salvage will get logged and disposed of.
Do you need help with mold damage? Request us to your home or business for reliable results! You can reach SERVPRO of Medford/Everett 24/7 by calling (781) 395-4444.
Reducing the Cost and Time of Fire Damage Restoration in Medford
SERVPRO commercial fire damage restoration services are second to none. Call now!
Medford Fire Damage Restoration Methods that Save
Often, secondary damage resulting from poor remediation techniques causes Medford business owners as much or more trouble than their initial fire-related issues. Improperly cleaned surfaces can be permanently harmed, requiring costly replacement, and previously unaffected materials could be contaminated. Fortunately, services like SERVPRO know how to avoid these pitfalls.
Unlike some other Medford fire damage restoration firms, SERVPRO has well-developed procedures for safely and effectively removing residues from your business and ensuring that they do not harm unaffected surfaces. After our fire restoration experts complete their smoke remediation efforts, they quickly get to work on addressing the fire and smoke damage left behind. Some of the fire damage restoration procedures SERVPRO technicians carefully perform are:
- Identifying surface types and the kinds of soil involved, pre-testing impacted materials for cleanability, determining which areas need to be repainted, and then employing the best cleaning method for each surface
- Removing or pre-treating non-greasy, light-to-medium residues with dry cleaning sponges; cleaning soot, heavy dry ash, or light-to-heavy oily deposits off metal, wood, or painted surfaces; and employing the peroxide active cleaning method on delicate structural materials that have heavy nicotine and tar residues
- Avoiding contamination of other surfaces and streaking by – working from the ceiling down to the floor when dry cleaning rooms and cleaning walls from bottom to top first, before starting on ceilings, when using the wet method
- Using steel wool pads to scrub heavily soiled walls and ceilings that are to be repainted
While following these steps, our workers use all of the most advanced tools of the fire remediation trade to ensure that your job is done as quickly and effectively as possible.
With that said, remember that your neighbors at SERVPRO of Medford/Everett are always here and ready to help with all your fire damage restoration needs. Contact us at (781) 395-4444 whenever you need assistance.
Mitigate Household Damage with Effective Water Cleanup in Medford
Water damage restoration is no easy task. Call SERVPRO for fast and immediate service for your home.
Quality Water Cleanup Helps Medford Residents
When cleaning up water-related issues in Medford, getting the job done right the first time is key. Otherwise, your home and its contents could suffer further damage, costing you more time and money. Stains, mold, dry rot, and other forms of deterioration might cause even more damage. With that said, firms like SERVPRO can help you avoid these potential problems.
SERVPRO is one of Medford’s top water cleanup services. As such, our water damage remediation technicians are among the most highly trained in providing extensive water removal services, like those necessary in basement flooding situations and water damage repairs. A few of the steps SERVPRO takes to mitigate the harmful effects of water-related events are:
- Rapidly removing any standing water with powerful wet vacs and extractors, if needed, in order to limit the amount of time water is in contact with materials and airborne moisture
- Blocking household furnishings and appliances or moving contents that may transfer stains or be prone to secondary damage
- Attempting to remove stains from furniture before it dries, tenting cushions to facilitate drying, and taking preventative measures like putting masking tape along zippers and other metallic elements to limit rust staining of upholstery
- Caring for carpet and subflooring appropriately by extracting water from it, properly removing padding when necessary, treating carpeting with professional cleaning products, and employing innovative drying techniques when needed
- Establishing a balanced drying system, with the right number of air movers and dehumidifiers arranged at 45-degree angles, facing the walls
- Expertly monitoring the drying process with periodic moisture readings, diagrams, and charts
In all of these ways, your neighborhood SERVPRO of Medford/Everett can help you with water cleanup and restoration. So, whenever you need our assistance, don’t hesitate to call us at (781) 395-4444.
Certain Attributes Define Quality Mold Removal Firms in Everett
Mold remediation is no DIY project. We will be on-site within 4 hours of the initial call.
Everett Mold Removal Firm SERVPRO Has Them All
Whenever you are looking for a mold remediator in Everett, you want one that is trustworthy, experienced, and dedicated to doing the job right. Fortunately, there is such a service provider in our area known for its mold mitigation expertise and focus on achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction. That company is your neighborhood SERVPRO.
SERVPRO is one of Everett’s top-rated mold removal companies and has been for several years now. Our highly-trained and skilled mold specialists have done mold inspection work, mold removal, and black mold damage restoration for countless local residents. Over their years of performing these essential tasks, they have bolstered SERVPRO’s reputation as the go-to mold mitigation service. The following information evidences our impressive industry credentials, the quality of our work, and prestige in this community:
- SERVPRO technicians receive Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), American Bio Recovery Association (ABRA), National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI), and National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA) training
- Our professionals are certified in, among other things, applied structural drying, applied microbial remediation, and water damage restoration
- SERVPRO’s customer satisfaction rating is consistently among the highest in the state, numerous customers have left glowing testimonials on our website, and we have maintained a perfect 5-star rating on Google Reviews
- We are recognized for our volunteer work in this community and have worked with such diverse organizations as the American Red Cross, American Diabetes Association, and LifeBridge Northshore
- Our company has also assisted area students by donating to local schools and their athletic departments
Keeping all of this in mind, rest assured that SERVPRO of Medford/Everett can help you deal with even the most daunting mold removal project. So, feel free to contact us at (781) 395-4444 if you ever need assistance.
Water Mitigation Approaches in Multi-Story Medford Offices
SERVPRO provides top-notch commercial damage restoration services in Medford. Call now!
Starting Water Mitigation in High Rises
Mitigation describes all the needed actions to protect your office building from more significant harm after water damage and flooding. While water removal is one of the most pressing concerns, and determining the best tools to accomplish this, SERVPRO professionals prioritize three main objectives for your damaged office:
- Preventing moisture migration
- Keeping water from nearby areas
- Removing standing water
The Versatility of Wet Vacuums
Our wet vacuum units are the chief tool in Medford buildings' water mitigation. Cleanup is often most heavily aided by removing standing water and trapped moisture, and lightweight, portable units like wet vacuums provide an effective means of reaching inaccessible, damaged areas.
High-pressure units overcome the friction of moving water from several stories up to the ground floor by increasing the pressure on the machine. Depending on their setup and placement, these units can be helpful in underground levels of a building, such as you might be seen in a hospital, or with managing standing water several floors above grade in high-rise office or apartment buildings.
Truck-Mount Extraction Units
One of the most powerful extraction units in our inventory runs off the engine of trucks in our fleet. The Green Fleet of service vehicles arrives at your property with one of our mounted pumps. This provides the capacity to remove hundreds of gallons of water per minute, a substantial discharge for flooded office building areas. Its higher power supply also allows it to be an effective tool to manage elevated mitigation needs where a high-pressure pump might not be feasible or efficient.
With many larger office buildings throughout the Everett and Medford areas, we must have suitable water removal and restoration solutions to help these structures after damage. Extraction is one of the most significant concerns, and our SERVPRO of Medford / Everett team has the right Large Loss tools to help when disasters strike. Give us a call today at (781) 395-4444.
Lingering Effects Fire Damage Restoration in Medford Can Solve
Fire damage restoration services for Medford homeowners needs the help of SERVPRO. We are ready at a moment's notice.
Fire Damage Restoration Targets Long-Term Issues
Sometimes the greatest damage to homes after a fire happens over an extended period, such as the slow migration of water and soot damage concerns. As restoration experts, we have containment and cleaning solutions to help your home after these debilitating fire losses.
Destruction of Structural Elements
Fire damage restoration for Medford homes starts with how much of the blaze has impacted the structure. Not all repairs happen immediately but are a long-standing need of the house through the recovery process. We have skilled professionals for controlled demolition and needed emergency repairs to seal over vulnerabilities.
Odors are often one of the final fire loss effects managed by our SERVPRO professionals. Even with the severe malodors that can overwhelm affected rooms, other restoration efforts are often more pressing. We have several deodorization products to help when removing and neutralizing smells, including foggers and ozone machines.
Moisture and Microbial Concerns
Many do not consider the impact of water after fire losses. Water plays a vital role in extinguishment but can be left behind on surfaces as a threat to these structural elements. Pooling and absorbing into materials requires water restoration approaches for extraction and drying in fire-damaged properties.
SERVPRO Offers Full-Scale Fire Restoration
Even with the lingering effects that could exist after extinguishment and through the restoration process, we are a trusted name to help with all facets of recovery. We have a general contractor license that aids with the controlled demolition and repairs typically required after structure fires. Our professionals are experienced with:
- Smoke remediation
- Content cleaning
- Soot removal
- Fire damage cleanup
In some cases, lingering effects after a fire can be as destructive and damaging as the initial pressing concerns. SERVPRO of Medford / Everett professionals works to overcome the full spectrum of damage to make fire losses "Like it never even happened." Call now at (781) 395-4444.
Surface Washability Factors into Fast Everett Fire Restoration
Fire damage restoration services by SERVPRO are second to none.
Finding Washable Surfaces During Fire Restoration
Surface cleaning is always one of the most preferred methods of cleanup and restoration for soot-damaged surfaces after a fire. Unfortunately, not all building materials and contents can be restored this way. Our professionals have to assess the condition of the house and its exposure to fire loss effects to determine the viability of surface recovery.
Thorough Scoping for Damage
The earliest action in determining how readily surfaces can be cleaned or restored during fire restoration of Everett homes is a thorough inspection. Our project manager walks through the damaged home to evaluate the condition of exposed materials. Factors that can influence the washability of surfaces to include:
- Corrosive Soot Damage
- Trapped Odors
- Material Age
Can the Affected Material Be Washed?
Determining what surfaces are washable is another important distinction with the fire-damaged residence. Technicians can easily clean some materials, especially non-porous surfaces like tile or concrete, of even stubborn wet smoke damage. When semi-porous or highly porous building materials are impacted, however, pre-testing is necessary to decide if needed cleaning strategies are too aggressive for the condition of the underlying substrate to handle.
Is the Material Worth Saving?
SERVPRO cannot save some materials exposed to fire loss effects like soot and smoke solids. The porosity of aging materials can be to blame, or it might be determined that the cost of replacement is more agreeable than the incurred costs of surface cleaning and drying. Essentially, SERVPRO decides whether the element is worth saving and restoring, which might not always be the answer homeowners might expect.
Determining the viability of restoration is an important distinction for experienced recovery professionals reaching the job site after a fire. As leading restorers, SERVPRO of Medford / Everett can effectively inspect the structure and determine the methods necessary for cleanup and repairs. Call us today at (781) 395-4444.
Media Blasting Is Effective Mold Removal for Medford Homes
SERVPRO mold remediation services are second to none. We provide fast and immediate service for your home.
How Does This Mold Removal Tactic Work?
When you find mold growth in your home, you must act quickly to remove it. While the preferred and least invasive method is to apply sporicidal products, this is not always feasible or effective enough for the severity of the situation. Instead, media blasting can be an effective approach to protect your home and its structure.
What is Media Blasting?
Media blasting is an excellent method of mold removal for Medford homes when the space is irregular or challenging to access. This process places abrasive media under pressure with water or air to clear surface growth without damaging the main hosting material in the process. There are many materials used for this cleaning measure, though popular options include:
- Baking Soda
- Corn Cobs
- Dry Ice
Why Is It a Preferred Method?
When surface cleaning is ineffective, media blasting is chosen for several reasons. First, it is less destructive and counterproductive than pressure washing, and water-based cleaning options often are. While media blasting can occur with water, SERVPRO often chooses pressurized air to reduce increasing moisture content in the work area.
Will This Prevent Repairs and Demolition?
While abrasive cleaning options can significantly protect your home and its building materials, the approach is not guaranteed to prevent repairs and possible demolition. Fast response to developing mold colonies can allow SERVPRO technicians to implement several direct strategies to limit the aggressive movement of mold spores and its invasive organisms to limit potential tear-out and build-back services.
Media blasting is one of the more aggressive mold removal and remediation measures possible for your home. While it might not always be necessary, our SERVPRO of Medford / Everett team is trained and experienced with these abrasive cleaning options to eradicate mold organisms threatening structural elements. Call us when you need our expertise at (781) 395-4444.