Don’t Let Fire Damage Overtake Your Medford Property
SERVPRO Handles Fire Damage with Precision in Medford
Fire incidents are unique to each property due to the materials burned, accelerants, and many other factors. When it comes to commercial fire mitigation or housefire cleanup, having a trained team to handle it is better than DIY could ever achieve. Here at SERVPRO, we have IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) to ensure your project goes smoothly from start to finish. Whether you have a small retail store fire or the second story of your residence experiences significant fire damage, we can help 24 hours a day. We always make it “Like it never even happened.”
Why call SERVPRO for fire damage in Medford? We have all the equipment and staffing to scale our capabilities to meet the needs of single-family homes to extensive commercial facilities. You can look to us to adjust our restoration methods accordingly to ensure the best results to achieve our goals quickly, saving you time and mone
What does IICRC-certified mean?
SERVPRO often talks about certifications because we are proud of all our professional, knowledgeable, and educated restoration technicians. We sometimes get asked what IICRC certification is and what it means to us.
- IICRC is an acronym for Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification
- The mission of the IICRC is to ‘promote an international standard of care that establishes and maintains the health, safety, and welfare of the built environment.’ (ref. IICRC.org)
- Each technician undergoes IICRC course training to stay abreast of the latest technologies and methodologies of cleaning.
- Technicians must take part in the full course, take the written exam, and document skills in specific categories to receive certification.
This means to SERVPRO that we have the cream of the crop in terms of technicians to handle fire, water, mold, and unique restoration/reconstruction projects.
How our Fire Damage Restoration Process Works
Once the first responders finish putting out the fire and we get the green light to enter your property, we begin the inspection and assessment. Your property likely suffered from charring, smoke, and water damage from water and chemicals used to fight the fire. The steps we take for typical fire calls include:
- Emergency contact with our customer care team to gather information about the fire. This allows us to round up the correct number of personnel and the equipment we will need to handle the restoration.
- The assessment and inspection include looking at the extent of the damage, including charring, soot, and smoke.
- Board-up and roof tarping get done to protect your interior while restoration occurs.
- If there is standing water or moisture present, we begin extractions and drying with the help of air movers and dehumidification equipment.
- Walls, ceilings, and other surfaces undergo soot and smoke residue removal with specialized equipment and techniques.
- All restorable items get cleaned; we sanitize all surfaces throughout your structure and deodorization to eliminate contaminants and foul odors.
- The final step is restoration and reconstruction performed by trusted area contractors and vendors to replace drywall, install new carpet, and handle all other necessary repairs to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Did you know? SERVPRO works with your insurance because we understand how difficult it is to deal with emotions and process everything after a fire event. We can help with your documentation and manage paperwork to ensure your process goes as smoothly as possible.
You can reach SERVPRO of Medford/Everett by calling (781) 395-4444 or requesting help online. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster – available 24 hours a day for all emergency fire damage and water restorations.