Water Damage Remediation When You Need It in Medford
SERVPRO offers Medford residents peace of mind with rapid water damage repairs
Medford, Massachusetts, is a city located to the northwest of the state capital of Boston. Nestled in Middlesex County along the Mystic River, Medford is known for being home to Tufts University.
Taking a trip back into history, Medford was initially settled as part of Charlestown in 1630 and originally called 'Mistick.' It was not until years later that it took on the name 'Meadford,' then shortened to Medford for the final naming in 1754.
Medford - Home to Fannie Farmer and More!
A unique, little-known fact is that Medford was the original home to Fannie Farmer, the author of one of the more famous cookbooks globally. Additionally, James Plimpton comes from Medford – the gentleman known for inventing the four-wheeled roller-skate back in 1863. In 1925, Amelia Earhart also lived in Medford for a short time while enjoying employment as a social worker.
While many people think of major cities like Boston or Worcester when they hear Massachusetts, it is essential to know that many areas of the state are a must-see. Medford happens to be one location that is a lovely, upcoming tourist spot well worth visiting. There are plenty of unique things to see and do, just right for a day trip or a mini-vacation to find some of the local hidden gems.
Some of the top attractions to check out when you are in Medford include:
- Tufts University Art Gallery – This destination on Talbot Avenue is a perfect stop for a day trip. You will find a wildly diverse and eclectic selection of art and exhibits that change regularly, including everything from electronics and couture pieces to photographs and touring exhibitions.
- Royall House and Slave Quarters – Located on George Street, this fantastic property features regular tours where you can learn more about the home's history and harrowing stories of the people once enslaved at the site.
- Wright's Tower – If you park along South Border Road, you will find a hiking path that will bring you up to the tower, where you get a glimpse of incredible views of the surrounding landscape, including a nice glimpse of Boston.
If you are looking to grab a bite to eat or a bar to relax in as you spend time in Medford, some of the best places include:
- Highland Kitchen
- Boston Burger Company
- Blue Fuji
- Semolina Kitchen & Bar
- Salvatore's Restaurant
- Latina Kitchen & Bar
Standing Water Lingering in Your Medford Home Causes Immense Secondary Water Damage
Rather than waiting to tackle water damage remediation on your own with DIY methods, you need skilled emergency services water damage assistance. SERVPRO is here 24/7 to address any standing water you have in your Medford home after a flood, burst pipe, or faulty appliance leak.
It is essential we address several things when handling water damage in Medford, including:
- Rapid surface water removal
- Mitigating the damage by reducing saturation
- Keeping water from migrating into dry zones
To keep the damage from worsening, we use the latest technology to find hidden moisture, including:
- Moisture sensors
- Moisture meters
SERVPRO of Medford/Everett is available for emergency water damage service. Call us at (781) 395-4444.